Sanitation is a major problem affecting much of the developing world. Globally, more than 2.5 billion still practice open defecation. This creates major hygiene, health and human dignity challenges.
Further, human sewage and wastewater is a major cause of water pollution. Treatment of wastewater is thus, a key imperative to safeguard scare water sources.
Our solutions incorporates global best practices, while paying keen attention to local cultural context to develop sustainable infrastructure and instill behavioral changes:
- Flushing toilet for each family
- Bathing room with piped water for each family
- Replacement of septic tanks/soak pits with wastewater treatment and nutrient recovery systems using technologies inspired by nature
- Low cost menstrual hygiene products
- Sanitation awareness and education for elders, children and community